There are a wide range of organisations that can offer you support.
Whether you're starting a new business or looking to develop and grow.
To find out what support is available during the coronavirus pandemic contact Business Gateway Fife, visit the Scottish Government's FindBusinessSupport.gov.uk website or call the national business support helpline run by Scottish Enterprise on 0300 303 0660.
Alternatively, download the Coronavirus Business Support Guide produced by Fife Council's Economic Development Team.
The FEP partners offer the following specific support programmes to businesses in Fife.
- Check out the new InvestFife Guide to Services produced by Fife Council's Economic Development Team. With useful information about Fife, it will also signpost you to sources of support and guidance, whether you have a new investment project or you are looking for help to grow your business in Fife.
Fife Council supports manufacturing businesses in Fife by helping:
- To strengthen the links between education and business.
- Promote business development events.
- Support manufacturing businesses to become more service orientated.
- Increase relationships with your customers and create a new revenue stream.
- Strengthen export performance from Fife.
- Support local businesses exhibit at UK trade shows through Fife Council's Market Development programme.
- To help increase market and supplier development in new and easy markets.
To find out more
- Contact Pammy Stevenson on 03451 55 55 55 ext 47 38 21 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Enterprises operate as sustainable businesses, they aim to achieve financial independence from both the state and philanthropy. They are businesses that trade for the common good rather than the unlimited private gain of a few. They address social needs, strengthen local communities, improve people's life chances, enhance culture or protect the environment.
Social Enterprises make a major contribution to Fife's economy, the latest survey indicating that Fife based Social Enterprises have a combined income of £27 million, total assets of £15 million and employ over 2,500 people.
Starting a social impact business? Click here to access a number of easy-to-read guides designed to help you turn your ideas into a business. Alternatively contact BRAG Enterprises on 01592 860296 (ask for Susan or Liz). You can also find information on sources of support and guidance in the Guide to Services produced by Fife Council's Economic Development Team.
Fife Council's Enterprise and Business Development Team, in partnership with BRAG Enterprises, Business Gateway Fife and Fife Voluntary Action are working together to grow the economic and social contribution of Social Enterprises in Fife by providing a coherent package of business support at all stages of their development cycle.
To find out more
- Download the Social Enterprise Development Operational Action Plan
- View the Fife Social Enterprise Support Pathway
- Contact Graeme Ferguson on 03451 55 55 55 ext 44 24 16 or email email@example.com
Fife Council's Trade Development Programme helps businesses find opportunities in new and existing markets.
It offers a practical and effective way for you to take part in exhibitions, trade shows, learning journeys or trade missions.
These shows can help you with:
- Marketing your goods and services.
- Raising your company's profile.
- Meeting existing customers while targeting new ones.
To find out more contact Dot Smith on 03451 55 55 55 ext 492175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fife Council's Supplier Development Programme helps businesses become more able to tender for contracts.
They can provide support to Fife businesses by:
- Raising awareness of the opportunities for work for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) from the public sector.
- Helping businesses get ready to tender for contracts.
- Assisting SMEs in accessing tender opportunities.
You can register via https://www.sdpscotland.co.uk/buyers/fife-council-25/
The benefits to being registered are:
- Access to SDP all events.
- Attendance at Meet the Buyer events- providing access to buyers from the public and private sector.
- Full access to information on SDP website.
- Company listing on SDP's Supplier Register.
- Receive regular online updates.
- Access to a local business support network.
- Access to procurement specialists.
To find out more
- Contact Dot Smith on 03451 55 55 55 ext 492175 or email email@example.com
View Fife Council's Supplier Guide which provides information for suppliers and potential suppliers to Fife Council about tendering processes.
View Fife Council's Community Benefits Guide which provides information for suppliers on Community benefit clauses within contracts which require tenderers to commit to undertaking some form of social impact as part of winning that contract.
Fife offers everything you need to start or grow your business - quality office and industrial spaces; development land; a skilled and varied workforce; excellent digital and transportation connectivity and a great quality of life.
InvestFife offers a 'one-stop-shop' service to companies seeking to invest and grow within Fife.
Uniting the various elements of Fife Council Economic Development's Business Enterprise and Land and Property Services, InvestFife offers a range of services bespoke to your business needs.
To find out more
Trading outwith Scotland and overseas can open up a mass of opportunities.
Whatever stage you are at in your business journey, whether you are considering expanding into new geographical areas or already exporting and simply wish to improve your current processes, we can help.
The Fife Trade Partnership, co-ordinated by Business Gateway Fife, can signpost you to all the support that's available. Download the Partnership's Your Guide to Accessing New Markets produced by Fife Council's Economic Development Team.
Check out the programme of events and activities being organised this year by the Tay Cities International Partnership, events designed to help you access new markets and grow your business.