In response to a request for improved literature on the specialist support services offered to businesses by Fife Council and key stakeholders, Fife Council's Economic Development team has produced a 'Guide to Services' for stakeholders and partners to help signpost businesses to sources of support and guidance.
Fife Council supports manufacturing businesses in Fife by helping:
- To strengthen the links between education and business.
- Promote business development events.
- Support manufacturing businesses to become more service orientated.
- Increase relationships with your customers and create a new revenue stream.
- Strengthen export performance from Fife.
- Support local businesses exhibit at UK trade shows through Fife Council's Market Development programme.
- To help increase market and supplier development in new and easy markets.
To find out more
- Contact Pammy Stevenson on 03451 55 55 55 ext 47 38 21 or email email@example.com
Social Enterprises operate as sustainable businesses, they aim to achieve financial independence from both the state and philanthropy. They are businesses that trade for the common good rather than the unlimited private gain of a few. They address social needs, strengthen local communities, improve people's life chances, enhance culture or protect the environment.
Social Enterprises make a major contribution to Fife's economy, the latest survey indicating that Fife based Social Enterprises have a combined income of £27 million, total assets of £15 million and employ over 2,500 people.
In response to a request for improved literature on the specialist support services, Fife Council’s Economic Development team has produced a ‘Guide to Services’ for stakeholders and partners to help signpost social impact businesses to sources of support and guidance.
Fife Council's Enterprise and Business Development Team, in partnership with BRAG Enterprises, Business Gateway Fife and Fife Voluntary Action are working together to grow the economic and social contribution of Social Enterprises in Fife by providing a coherent package of business support at all stages of their development cycle.
To find out more
- Download the Social Enterprise Development Operational Action Plan
- View the Fife Social Enterprise Support Pathway
- Contact Graeme Ferguson on 03451 55 55 55 ext 44 24 16 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fife Council's Trade Development Programme helps businesses find opportunities in new and existing markets.
It offers a practical and effective way for you to take part in exhibitions, trade shows, learning journeys or trade missions.
These shows can help you with:
- Marketing your goods and services.
- Raising your company's profile.
- Meeting existing customers while targeting new ones.
To find out more contact Dot Smith on 03451 55 55 55 ext 492175 or email email@example.com
Fife Council's Supplier Development Programme helps businesses become more able to tender for contracts.
They can provide support to Fife businesses by:
- Raising awareness of the opportunities for work for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) from the public sector.
- Helping businesses get ready to tender for contracts.
- Assisting SMEs in accessing tender opportunities.
You can register via www.sdpscotland.co.uk/fife
The benefits to being registered are:
- Access to SDP all events.
- Attendance at Meet the Buyer events- providing access to buyers from the public and private sector.
- Full access to information on SDP website.
- Company listing on SDP's Supplier Register.
- Receive regular online updates.
- Access to a local business support network.
- Access to procurement specialists.
To find out more
- Contact Dot Smith on 03451 55 55 55 ext 492175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View Fife Council's Supplier Guide which provides information for suppliers and potential suppliers to Fife Council about tendering processes.
Fife offers everything you need to start or grow your business - quality office and industrial spaces; development land; a skilled and varied workforce; excellent digital and transportation connectivity and a great quality of life.
Invest in Fife offers a 'one-stop-shop' service to companies seeking to invest and grow within Fife.
Invest in Fife was formed to promote Fife as a first-class business location and to promote Fife's commercial capabilities and opportunities.
Invest in Fife has a proven track record of helping investors make their projects happen as well as helping Fife-based companies with their local expansion plans.
To find out more
Trading outwith Scotland and overseas can open up a mass of opportunities.
Whatever stage you are at in your business journey, whether you are considering expanding into new geographical areas or already exporting and simply wish to improve your current processes, we can help.
The Fife Trade Partnership, co-ordinated by Business Gateway Fife, can signpost you to all the support that's available. Download the Partnership's Your Guide to Accessing New Markets produced by Fife Council's Economic Development Team.
Check out the events and workshops being run over the next couple of months by Scottish Enterprise along with its its new free workshops about International eCommerce.